WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diversion, recreation, activity
- usage: an activity that diverts or amuses or stimulates; "scuba diving is provided as a diversion for tourists"; "for recreation he wrote poetry and solved crossword puzzles"; "drug abuse is often regarded as a form of recreation"
- 2. diversion, deviation, digression, deflection, deflexion, divagation, turn, turning
- usage: a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern); "a diversion from the main highway"; "a digression into irrelevant details"; "a deflection from his goal"
- 3. diversion, diversionary attack, attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
- usage: an attack calculated to draw enemy defense away from the point of the principal attack
All rights reserved.
See also: diversion (Dictionary)