disturb: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-stûrb'), [key]
- to interrupt the quiet, rest, peace, or order of; unsettle.
- to interfere with; interrupt; hinder: Please do not disturb me when I'm working.
- to interfere with the arrangement, order, or harmony of; disarrange: to disturb the papers on her desk.
- to perplex; trouble: to be disturbed by strange behavior.
- to cause disturbance to someone's sleep, rest, etc.: Do not disturb.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.