dimple: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dim'pul), [key]
— n., v., -pled, -pling.
- a small, natural hollow area or crease, permanent or transient, in some soft part of the human body, esp. one formed in the cheek in smiling.
- any similar slight depression.
- to mark with or as if with dimples; produce dimples in: A smile dimpled her face.
- to dent (a metal sheet) so as to permit use of bolts or rivets with countersunk heads.
- to mark (a metal object) with a drill point as a guide for further drilling.
- to form or show dimples.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.