difficult: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dif'i-kult", -kult), [key]
- not easily or readily done; requiring much labor, skill, or planning to be performed successfully; hard: a difficult job.
- hard to understand or solve: a difficult problem.
- hard to deal with or get on with: a difficult pupil.
- hard to please or satisfy: a difficult employer.
- hard to persuade or induce; stubborn: a difficult old man.
- disadvantageous; trying; hampering: The operation was performed under the most difficult conditions.
- fraught with hardship, esp. financial hardship: We saw some difficult times during the depression years.
- difficult (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.