Meaning of determination
Pronunciation: (di-tûr"mu-nā'shun), [key]
- the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose.
- ascertainment, as after observation or investigation: determination of a ship's latitude.
- the information ascertained; solution.
- the settlement of a dispute, question, etc., as by authoritative decision.
- the decision or settlement arrived at or pronounced.
- the quality of being resolute; firmness of purpose.
- a fixed purpose or intention: It is my determination to suppress vice.
- the fixing or settling of amount, limit, character, etc.: the determination of a child's allowance.
- fixed direction or tendency toward some object or end.
- conclusion or termination.
- the fixation of the fate of a cell or group of cells, esp. before actual morphological or functional differentiation occurs.
- the act of rendering a notion more precise by the addition of differentiating characteristics.
- the definition of a concept in terms of its constituent elements.
- determination (Thesaurus)