Meaning of determinate
Pronunciation: (adj.di-tûr'mu-nitv.di-tûr'mu-nāt&sec), [key]
— adj., v., -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- having defined limits; definite.
- settled; positive.
- conclusive; final.
- (of an inflorescence) having the primary and each secondary axis ending in a flower or bud, thus preventing further elongation.
- (of a structure) able to be analyzed completely by means of the principles of statics.
- (of a member of a structure) subject only to definite, known stresses.
- (of a stress) able to be determined through the principles of statics.
- to make certain of.
- to identify.
- determinate (Thesaurus)