Meaning of delivery
Pronunciation: (di-liv'u-rē), [key]
— pl. -er•ies.
- the carrying and turning over of letters, goods, etc., to a designated recipient or recipients.
- a giving up or handing over; surrender.
- the utterance or enunciation of words.
- vocal and bodily behavior during the presentation of a speech: a speaker's fine delivery.
- the act or manner of giving or sending forth: the pitcher's fine delivery of the ball.
- the state of being delivered of or giving birth to a child; parturition.
- something delivered: The delivery is late today.
- a shipment of goods from the seller to the buyer.
- a formal act performed to make a transfer of property legally effective:deed. a delivery of
- Also calledthe part of a printing press where the paper emerges in printed form.
- release or rescue; liberation; deliverance.
- delivery (Thesaurus)