WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. delivery, bringing, transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance
- usage: the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail); "his reluctant delivery of bad news"
- 2. delivery, birth, nativity, nascency, nascence
- usage: the event of giving birth; "she had a difficult delivery"
- 3. manner of speaking, speech, delivery, expressive style, style
- usage: your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally; "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
- 4. delivery, livery, legal transfer, conveyance, conveyance of title, conveyancing, conveying
- usage: the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another
- 5. pitch, delivery, throw
- usage: (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
- 6. rescue, deliverance, delivery, saving, recovery, retrieval
- usage: recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
- 7. delivery, obstetrical delivery, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of delivering a child
All rights reserved.
See also: delivery (Dictionary)