cutter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kut'ur), [key]
- a person who cuts, esp. as a job, as one who cuts fabric for garments.
- a machine, tool, or other device for cutting.
- a single-masted sailing vessel, very similar to a sloop but having its mast set somewhat farther astern, about two-fifths of the way aft measured on the water line.
- a ship's boat having double-banked oars and one or two lugsails.
- Also calleda lightly armed government vessel used to prevent smuggling and enforce the customs regulations.
- a person employed as a film editor.
- a small, light sleigh, usually single-seated and pulled by one horse.
- Also calleda brick suitable for cutting and rubbing.
- (in U.S. government grading of beef&hasp;)
- a low-quality grade of beef between utility and canner.
- beef of this grade, mostly used in processed beef products, as sausage.
- (in U.S. government grading of beef&hasp;) graded between utility and canner.
- cutter (Thesaurus)