create: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krē-āt'), [key]
— v., adj. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
- to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
- to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
- to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer.
- to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
- to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise.
- to do something creative or constructive.
- to make a fuss.
- create (Thesaurus)