Meaning of correspondent
Pronunciation: (kôr"u-spon'dunt, kor"-), [key]
- a person who communicates by letters.
- a person employed by a news agency, periodical, television network, etc., to gather, report, or contribute news, articles, and the like regularly from a distant place.
- a person who contributes a letter or letters to a newspaper, magazine, etc.
- a person or firm that has regular business relations with another, esp. at a distance.
- a thing that corresponds to something else.
- consistent, similar, or analogous; corresponding.
- correspondent (Thesaurus)