Meaning of correction
Pronunciation: (ku-rek'shun), [key]
- something that is substituted or proposed for what is wrong or inaccurate; emendation.
- the act of correcting.
- punishment intended to reform, improve, or rehabilitate; chastisement; reproof.
- Usually,the various methods, as incarceration, parole, and probation, by which society deals with convicted offenders.
- a quantity applied or other adjustment made in order to increase accuracy, as in the use of an instrument or the solution of a problem: A five degree correction will put the ship on course.
- a reversal of the trend of stock prices, esp. temporarily, as after a sharp advance or decline in the previous trading sessions.
- correction (Thesaurus)