WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. correction, rectification, improvement
- usage: the act of offering an improvement to replace a mistake; setting right
- 2. correction, fudge factor, indefinite quantity
- usage: a quantity that is added or subtracted in order to increase the accuracy of a scientific measure
- 3. correction, editing, redaction
- usage: something substituted for an error
- 4. correction, chastening, chastisement, rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand
- usage: a rebuke for making a mistake
- 5. correction, drop, dip, fall, free fall
- usage: a drop in stock market activity or stock prices following a period of increases; "market runups are invariably followed by a correction"
- 6. discipline, correction, punishment, penalty, penalization, penalisation
- usage: the act of punishing; "the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- 7. correction, therapy
- usage: treatment of a specific defect; "the correction of his vision with eye glasses"
All rights reserved.
See also: correction (Dictionary)