convoy: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.kon'voi, kun-voi'n.kon'voi), [key]
- to accompany or escort, usually for protection: A destroyer convoyed the merchant ship.
- the act of convoying.
- the protection provided by an escort.
- a ship, fleet, group of vehicles, etc., accompanied by a protecting escort.
- an armed force, warship, etc., that escorts, esp. for protection.
- any group of military vehicles traveling together under the same orders.
- two or more CB-equipped vehicles traveling together.
- convoy (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.