Meaning of consort
Pronunciation: (n.kon'sôrt,v.kun-sôrt'), [key]
- a husband or wife; spouse, esp. of a reigning monarch. Cf. prince consort, queen consort.
- one vessel or ship accompanying another.
- a group of instrumentalists and singers who perform music, esp. old music.
- a group of instruments of the same family, as viols, played in concert.
- a companion, associate, or partner: a confidant and consort of heads of state.
- accord or agreement.
- company or association.
- harmony of sounds.
- to associate; keep company: to consort with known criminals.
- to agree or harmonize.
- to associate, join, or unite.
- to accompany; espouse.
- to sound in harmony.
- consort (Thesaurus)