confront: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-frunt'), [key]
- to face in hostility or defiance; oppose: The feuding factions confronted one another.
- to present for acknowledgment, contradiction, etc.; set face to face: They confronted him with evidence of his crime.
- to stand or come in front of; stand or meet facing: The two long-separated brothers confronted each other speechlessly.
- to be in one's way: the numerous obstacles that still confronted him.
- to bring together for examination or comparison.
- confront (Thesaurus)