Synonyms of confront
- 1. confront, face, meet, encounter, play, take on
- usage: oppose, as in hostility or a competition; "You must confront your opponent"; "Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring"; "The two enemies finally confronted each other"
- 2. confront, face up, face, set about, go about, approach
- usage: deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems"; "He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes"
- 3. confront, face, present
- usage: present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- 4. confront, front, look, face
- usage: be face to face with; "The child screamed when he confronted the man in the Halloween costume"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of confront (Dictionary)