Meaning of confidential
Pronunciation: (kon"fi-den'shul), [key]
- spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- indicating confidence or intimacy; imparting private matters: a confidential tone of voice.
- having another's trust or confidence; entrusted with secrets or private affairs: a confidential secretary.
- (of information, a document, etc.)
- bearing the classification confidential, usually being above restricted and below secret.
- limited to persons authorized to use information, documents, etc., so classified. Cf. classification (def. 5).
- confidential (Thesaurus)