Pronunciation: (adj., n.kun-fed'ur-it, -fed'ritv.kun-fed'u-rāt&sec), [key]
— adj., n., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- united in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to the Confederate States of America: the Confederate army.
- a person, group, nation, etc., united with others in a confederacy; an ally.
- an accomplice, esp. in a mischievous or criminal act.
- (cap.)a supporter of the Confederate States of America.
- to unite in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.