- 1. Confederate, supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend, Southerner
- usage: a supporter of the Confederate States of America
- 2. confederate, collaborator, henchman, partner in crime, accessory, accessary
- usage: someone who assists in a plot
- 3. accomplice, confederate, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: a person who joins with another in carrying out some plan (especially an unethical or illegal plan)
- 1. band together, confederate, unite, unify
- usage: form a group or unite; "The groups banded together"
- 2. confederate, unite, unify
- usage: form a confederation with; of nations
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Confederate, southern (vs. northern)
- usage: of or having to do with the southern Confederacy during the American Civil War; "Confederate soldiers"
- 2. allied, confederate, confederative, united (vs. divided)
- usage: united in a confederacy or league
All rights reserved.
See also: confederate (Dictionary)