Meaning of confection
Pronunciation: (kun-fek'shun), [key]
- a sweet preparation of fruit or the like, as a preserve or candy.
- the process of compounding, preparing, or making something.
- a frivolous, amusing, or contrived play, book, or other artistic or literary work.
- something made up or confected; a concoction: He said the charges were a confection of the local police.
- something, as a garment or decorative object, that is very delicate, elaborate, or luxurious and usually nonutilitarian.
- a medicated preparation made with the aid of sugar, honey, syrup, or the like.
- to prepare as a confection.
- confection (Thesaurus)