Meaning of comprehensive
Pronunciation: (kom"pri-hen'siv), [key]
- of large scope; covering or involving much; inclusive: a comprehensive study of world affairs.
- comprehending mentally; having an extensive mental range or grasp.
- covering or providing broad protection against loss.
- Often,Also calledan examination of extensive coverage given to measure a student's general progress, proficiency in his or her major field of study, or the like.
- the detailed layout of an advertisement, showing placement of photographs, illustrations, copy, etc., as for presentation to a client. Cf. visual (def. 7).
- comprehensive (Thesaurus)