- 1. comprehensive examination, comprehensive, comp, examination, exam, test
- usage: an intensive examination testing a student's proficiency in some special field of knowledge; "she took her comps in English literature"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comprehensive (vs. noncomprehensive), across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket(prenominal), broad, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, wide, all-around(prenominal), all-round(prenominal), well-rounded, citywide, countywide, countrywide, nationwide, cosmopolitan, ecumenical, oecumenical, general, universal, worldwide, world-wide, door-to-door, house-to-house, encyclopedic, encyclopaedic, large, omnibus(prenominal), plenary, spatiotemporal, spaciotemporal, schoolwide, statewide, super, umbrella, complete, general, wide#1, broad
- usage: including all or everything; "comprehensive coverage"; "a comprehensive history of the revolution"; "a comprehensive survey"; "a comprehensive education"
- 2. comprehensive, inclusive (vs. exclusive)
- usage: broad in scope; "a comprehensive survey of world affairs"
All rights reserved.
See also: comprehensive (Dictionary)