Meaning of complication
Pronunciation: (kom"pli-kā'shun), [key]
- the act of complicating.
- a complicated or involved state or condition.
- a complex combination of elements or things.
- something that introduces, usually unexpectedly, some difficulty, problem, change, etc.: Because of the complications involved in traveling during the strike, we decided to postpone our trip.
- a concurrent disease, accident, or adverse reaction that aggravates the original disease.
- the act of forming a unified idea or impression from a number of sense data, memories, etc.
- complication (Thesaurus)