compliance: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kum-plī'uns), [key]
- the act of conforming, acquiescing, or yielding.
- a tendency to yield readily to others, esp. in a weak and subservient way.
- conformity; accordance: in compliance with orders.
- cooperation or obedience: Compliance with the law is expected of all.
- the strain of an elastic body expressed as a function of the force producing the strain.
- a coefficient expressing the responsiveness of a mechanical system to a periodic force.
- compliance (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.