Meaning of cockscomb
Pronunciation: (koks'kōm"), [key]
- the comb or caruncle of a cock.
- the cap, resembling a cock's comb, formerly worn by professional fools.
- a garden plant, Celosia cristata, of the amaranth family, with flowers, commonly crimson or purple, in a broad spike somewhat resembling the comb of a cock.
- any of several other species of the genus Celosia.
- an elongate prickleback, Anoplarchus purpurescens, living among submerged rocks along the Pacific coast of North America.
- a gaslight burner having four or more jets.
- coxcomb (def. 1).
- cockscomb (Thesaurus)