WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cockscomb, common cockscomb, Celosia cristata, Celosia argentea cristata, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: garden annual with featherlike spikes of red or yellow flowers
- 2. coxcomb, cockscomb, dandy, dude, fop, gallant, sheik, beau, swell, fashion plate, clotheshorse
- usage: a conceited dandy who is overly impressed by his own accomplishments
- 3. cockscomb, coxcomb, cap
- usage: a cap worn by court jesters; adorned with a strip of red
- 4. comb, cockscomb, coxcomb, crest
- usage: the fleshy red crest on the head of the domestic fowl and other gallinaceous birds
All rights reserved.
See also: cockscomb (Dictionary)