Meaning of clone
Pronunciation: (klōn), [key]
— n., v., cloned, clon•ing.
- a cell, cell product, or organism that is genetically identical to the unit or individual from which it was derived.
- a population of identical units, cells, or individuals that derive from the same ancestral line.
- a person or thing that duplicates, imitates, or closely resembles another in appearance, function, performance, or style: All the fashion models seemed to be clones of one another.
- to produce a copy or imitation of.
- to cause to grow as a clone.
- to separate (a batch of cells or cell products) so that each portion produces only its own kind.
- to grow as a clone.
- clone (Thesaurus)