circumscribe: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sûr'kum-skrīb", sûr"kum-skrīb'), [key]
— -scribed, -scrib•ing.
- to draw a line around; encircle: to circumscribe a city on a map.
- to enclose within bounds; limit or confine, esp. narrowly: Her social activities are circumscribed by school regulations.
- to mark off; define; delimit: to circumscribe the area of a science.
- to draw (a figure) around another figure so as to touch as many points as possible.
- (of a figure) to enclose (another figure) in this manner.
- circumscribe (Thesaurus)