cheap: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (chēp), [key]
— adj., adv., n. -er, -est,
- costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive: a cheap dress.
- costing little labor or trouble: Words are cheap.
- charging low prices: a very cheap store.
- of little account; of small value; mean; shoddy: cheap conduct; cheap workmanship.
- embarrassed; sheepish: He felt cheap about his mistake.
- obtainable at a low rate of interest: when money is cheap.
- of decreased value or purchasing power, as currency depreciated due to inflation.
- stingy; miserly: He's too cheap to buy his own brother a cup of coffee.
- exceedingly inexpensive: I found this old chair for eight dollars—it would be cheap at twice the price.
- at a low price; at small cost: He is willing to sell cheap.
- inexpensively; economically: She enjoys traveling on the cheap.
- cheap (Thesaurus)