WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cheap (vs. expensive), inexpensive, bargain-priced, cut-rate, cut-price, catchpenny(prenominal), dirt cheap, low-budget, low-cost, low-priced, affordable, nickel-and-dime(prenominal), sixpenny, threepenny, twopenny, tuppeny, two-a-penny, twopenny-halfpenny
- usage: relatively low in price or charging low prices; "it would have been cheap at twice the price"; "inexpensive family restaurants"
- 2. brassy, cheap, flash, flashy, garish, gaudy, gimcrack, loud, meretricious, tacky, tatty, tawdry, trashy, tasteless (vs. tasteful)
- usage: tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
- 3. bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality; flimsy
- 4. cheap, chinchy, chintzy, stingy (vs. generous), ungenerous
- usage: embarrassingly stingy
All rights reserved.
See also: cheap (Dictionary)