Meaning of champion
Pronunciation: (cham'pē-un), [key]
- a person who has defeated all opponents in a competition or series of competitions, so as to hold first place: the heavyweight boxing champion.
- anything that takes first place in competition: the champion of a cattle show.
- an animal that has won a certain number of points in officially recognized shows: This dog is a champion.
- a person who fights for or defends any person or cause: a champion of the oppressed.
- a fighter or warrior.
- to act as champion of; defend; support: to champion a cause.
- to defy.
- first among all contestants or competitors.
- champion (Thesaurus)