- 1. champion, champ, title-holder, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- usage: someone who has won first place in a competition
- 2. champion, fighter, hero, paladin, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: someone who fights for a cause
- 3. supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
- 4. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, expert
- usage: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- 1. champion, defend, back, endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support
- usage: protect or fight for as a champion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. champion, prizewinning, best (vs. worst)
- usage: holding first place in a contest; "a champion show dog"; "a prizewinning wine"
All rights reserved.
See also: champion (Dictionary)