caution: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kô'shun), [key]
- alertness and prudence in a hazardous situation; care; wariness: Landslides ahead—proceed with caution.
- a warning against danger or evil; anything serving as a warning: By way of caution, he told me the difficulties I would face.
- a person or thing that astonishes or causes mild apprehension: She's a caution. The way he challenges your remarks is a caution.
- to give warning to; advise or urge to take heed.
- to warn or advise: The newspapers caution against overoptimism.
- caution (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.