casing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kā'sing), [key]
- a case or covering; housing.
- material for a case or covering.
- the framework around a door or window.
- the outermost covering of an automobile tire.
- any frame or framework.
- a steel pipe or tubing, esp. as used in oil and gas wells.
- a layer of glass that has been fused to an underlying layer of glass of a different color or of different properties.
- the thin, tubular membrane of the intestines of sheep, cattle, or hogs, or a synthetic facsimile, for encasing processed meat in making sausages, salamis, etc.
- the walls surrounding a funnel.
- a channel created in a garment or other article to carry a drawstring or elastic, as by sewing a strip of cloth to the basic material with two parallel rows of stitches.
- casing (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.