- 1. shell, case, casing, housing
- usage: the housing or outer covering of something; "the clock has a walnut case"
- 2. casing, covering
- usage: the outermost covering of a pneumatic tire
- 3. casing, case, framework
- usage: the enclosing frame around a door or window opening; "the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. case, inspect
- usage: look over, usually with the intention to rob; "They men cased the housed"
- 2. encase, incase, case, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose in, or as if in, a case; "my feet were encased in mud"
All rights reserved.
See also: casing (Dictionary)