cancer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kan'sur), [key]
— gen. Can•cri
- a malignant and invasive growth or tumor, esp. one originating in epithelium, tending to recur after excision and to metastasize to other sites.
- any disease characterized by such growths.
- any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight.
- (cap.)the Crab, a zodiacal constellation between Gemini and Leo.
- the fourth sign of the zodiac: the cardinal water sign. See illus. underzodiac.
- a person born under this sign, usually between June 21 and July 22.
- (cap.) See under(def. 1a).
- cancer (Thesaurus)