WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cancer, malignant neoplastic disease, malignant tumor, malignant neoplasm, metastatic tumor
- usage: any malignant growth or tumor caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream
- 2. Cancer, Crab, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer
- 3. Cancer
- usage: a small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere; between Leo and Gemini
- 4. Cancer, Cancer the Crab, Crab
- usage: the fourth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about June 21 to July 22
- 5. Cancer, genus Cancer, arthropod genus
- usage: type genus of the family Cancridae
All rights reserved.
See also: cancer (Dictionary)