cab: Meaning and Definition of
— n., v., cabbed, cab•bing.
- a taxicab.
- any of various horse-drawn vehicles, as a hansom or brougham, esp. one for public hire.
- the covered or enclosed part of a locomotive, truck, crane, etc., where the operator sits.
- the glass-enclosed area of an airport control tower in which the controllers are stationed.
- to ride in a taxicab or horse-drawn cab: They cabbed to the theater.
- an ancient Hebrew measure equal to about two quarts.
— n. Chiefly Brit.
- cabbage (def. 1b).
- cab (Thesaurus)