bum: Meaning and Definition of
? n., v., adj., bummed, bum•ming, bum•mer, bum•mest.
- a person who avoids work and sponges on others; loafer; idler.
- a tramp, hobo, or derelict.
- an enthusiast of a specific sport or recreational activity, esp. one who gives it priority over work, family life, etc.: a ski bum; a tennis bum.
- an incompetent person.
- a drunken orgy; debauch.
- The oven is on the bum again.
- living or traveling as or in a manner suggesting that of a hobo or tramp.
- in a state of disrepair or disorder:The oven is on the bum again.
- to borrow without expectation of returning; get for nothing; cadge: He's always bumming cigarettes from me.
- to ruin or spoil: The weather bummed our whole weekend.
- to sponge on others for a living; lead an idle or dissolute life.
- to live as a hobo.
- to travel, wander, or spend one's time aimlessly: We bummed around for a couple of hours after work.
- to disappoint, upset, or annoy: It really bummed me out that she could have helped and didn't.
? n. Chiefly Brit. Slang.
- the buttocks; rump.
? n. Mil. Slang.
- a reproduction of a document made with copying equipment.
- a bag into which classified waste is put in preparation for destruction.
- bum (Thesaurus)