- 1. rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
- 2. tramp, hobo, bum, vagrant, drifter, floater, vagabond
- usage: a disreputable vagrant; "a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
- 3. idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum, nonworker
- usage: person who does no work; "a lazy bum"
- 4. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 1. mooch, bum, cadge, grub, sponge, obtain
- usage: ask for and get free; be a parasite
- 2. bum, bum around, bum about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about, idle, laze, slug, stagnate
- usage: be lazy or idle; "Her son is just bumming around all day"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bum, cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality; flimsy
All rights reserved.
See also: bum (Dictionary)