Meaning of bootleg
Pronunciation: (bt'leg"), [key]
— n., v., adj. -legged, -leg•ging,
- alcoholic liquor unlawfully made, sold, or transported, without registration or payment of taxes.
- the part of a boot that covers the leg.
- something, as a recording, made, reproduced, or sold illegally or without authorization: a flurry of bootlegs to cash in on the rock star's death.
- to deal in (liquor or other goods) unlawfully.
- to make, transport, or sell something, esp. liquor, illegally or without registration or payment of taxes.
- made, sold, or transported unlawfully.
- illegal or clandestine.
- of or pertaining to bootlegging.
- bootleg (Thesaurus)