boomer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (b'mur), [key]
- a person or thing that booms.
- a person who settles in areas or towns that are booming.
- a wandering or migratory worker; hobo.
- a period of sudden and decisive economic growth: July was a boomer for the retail trade.
- a person, fad, etc., that enjoys a brief popularity or financial success: A new group of boomers made this season's hit record.
- an enthusiastic supporter; booster: The boomers tell us our town can double its size.
- a fully grown male kangaroo, esp. a large one.
- boomer (Thesaurus)