Meaning of boomerang
Pronunciation: (b'mu-rang"), [key]
- a bent or curved piece of tough wood used by the Australian Aborigines as a throwing club, one form of which can be thrown so as to return to the thrower.
- something, as a scheme or argument, that does injury to the originator.
- a mobile platform, adjustable to different levels, for painting scenery.
- a batten, usually suspended vertically in the wings, for holding lighting units.
- to come back or return, as a boomerang.
- to cause harm to the originator; backfire.
- boomerang (Thesaurus)