bombard: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.bom-bärd', bum-n.bom'bärd), [key]
- to attack or batter with artillery fire.
- to attack with bombs.
- to assail vigorously: to bombard the speaker with questions.
- to direct high energy particles or radiations against: to bombard a nucleus.
- the earliest kind of cannon, originally throwing stone balls.
- an English leather tankard of the 18th century and earlier, similar to but larger than a blackjack.
- a leather jug.
- bombard (Thesaurus)