Synonyms of bombard
- 1. bombardon, bombard, shawm, bass
- usage: a large shawm; the bass member of the shawm family
- 1. pelt, bombard, throw
- usage: cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; "They pelted each other with snowballs"
- 2. bombard, bomb, attack, assail
- usage: throw bombs at or attack with bombs; "The Americans bombed Dresden"
- 3. bombard, barrage, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage; "The speaker was barraged by an angry audience"; "The governor was bombarded with requests to grant a pardon to the convicted killer"
- 4. bombard, irradiate, ray
- usage: direct high energy particles or radiation against
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bombard (Dictionary)