bless: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bles), [key]
— blessed blest, bless•ing.
- to consecrate or sanctify by a religious rite; make or pronounce holy.
- to request of God the bestowal of divine favor on: Bless this house.
- to bestow good of any kind upon: a nation blessed with peace.
- to extol as holy; glorify: Bless the name of the Lord.
- to protect or guard from evil (usually used interjectionally): Bless you! Bless your innocent little heart!
- to condemn or curse: I'll be blessed if I can see your reasoning. Bless me if it isn't my old friend!
- to make the sign of the cross over or upon: The Pope blessed the multitude.
- bless (Thesaurus)