baby: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bā'bē), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v., -bies, -bied, -by•ing.
- an infant or very young child.
- a newborn or very young animal.
- the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
- an immature or childish person.
- a human fetus.
- He's a tough baby to have to deal with.
- Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.a girl or woman, esp. an attractive one.
- a person of whom one is deeply fond; sweetheart.
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- a man or boy; chap; fellow:He's a tough baby to have to deal with.
- an invention, creation, project, or the like that requires one's special attention or expertise or of which one is especially proud.
- an object; thing:Is that car there your baby?
- of or suitable for a baby: baby clothes.
- of or like a baby; infantile: baby skin.
- small; comparatively little: a baby car.
- treating babies: a baby doctor.
- to treat like a young child; pamper.
- to handle or use with special care; treat gently.
- baby (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.