- 1. baby, babe, infant, child, kid
- usage: a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "the baby began to cry again"; "she held the baby in her arms"; "it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different"
- 2. baby, offspring, progeny, issue
- usage: the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young); "the baby of the family"; "the baby of the Supreme Court"
- 3. child, baby, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: an immature childish person; "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived"; "stop being a baby!"
- 4. baby, fetus, foetus
- usage: an unborn child; a human fetus; "I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby"; "it was great to feel my baby moving about inside"
- 5. baby, babe, sister, girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- usage: (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- 6. baby, young mammal
- usage: a very young mammal; "baby rabbits"
- 7. baby, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: a project of personal concern to someone; "this project is his baby"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, baby, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
All rights reserved.
See also: baby (Dictionary)