Meaning of association
Pronunciation: (u-sō"sē-ā'shun, -shē-), [key]
- an organization of people with a common purpose and having a formal structure.
- the act of associating or state of being associated.
- friendship; companionship: Their close association did not last long.
- connection or combination.
- the connection or relation of ideas, feelings, sensations, etc.; correlation of elements of perception, reasoning, or the like.
- an idea, image, feeling, etc., suggested by or connected with something other than itself; an accompanying thought, emotion, or the like; an overtone or connotation: My associations with that painting are of springlike days.
- a group of plants of one or more species living together under uniform environmental conditions and having a uniform and distinctive aspect.
- a weak form of chemical bonding involving aggregation of molecules of the same compound.
- association (Thesaurus)